Conan Package Manager replacing copied third party sources

Hi!

I'm new here, so please excuse if this question was already answered. I
couldn't find anything on the mailing list.

I recently made some good experiences with the conan package manager. It
eases version control and reduces the cmake package finding process.

I'd like to ask whether someone tried already or if conan should not be
taken into account for kicad anyway. If you think I could give it a try,
I'd implement conan support for some of the third party sources in
thirdparty folder.

Enjoy!

Timo

Follow ups