Re: Conan Package Manager replacing copied third party sources

The existence of the `thirdparty` folder is purely because we want a
locked-in time snapshot of sources with numerous bugfixes we make over
time. We don't want upstream packages because upstream is either dead, or
too much of a pain to deal with.

> It eases version control and reduces the cmake package finding process.

Uhh, there is absolutely nothing wrong with our current cmake process. I
see no complexity unless you are nitpicking over a few extra lines of code.
It complicates version control specifically because we want to make bug
fixes and changes on the fly to these libraries, but now suddenly we have
to officially tag and maintain them in separate repos, that is way more
work than any of us want to put in for no real benefit. It already builds
completely painlessly, why would we want to make this complicated?