Re: Unable to build on Ubuntu 18.04 for 6.0 branch

Also,

If you're wondering how prevalent Ubuntu is in industry, I can't say
exactly, but I'll say this: for software development on self-driving cars,
both of the last 2 companies I've worked at, each with around 2000
employees, have used Ubuntu as their primary workstations and build
systems. The first kept Ubuntu 14.04 until the year 2019, several months
*after* the 5 year LTS support was up, at which point they upgraded to
Ubuntu 18.04, which was **tremendously difficult and costly**, and the
latter gave me an Ubuntu 18.04 machine in January 2020, and it's still
18.04 today, and they won't upgrade it. A lot of large and influential
companies have substantial reliance on Ubuntu releases for long periods of
time.

Thanks!

Gabriel Staples