Re: Unable to build on Ubuntu 18.04 for 6.0 branch

Hi Gabriel-

The support periods listed on the kicad.org website are for the free builds
provided and maintained at no cost to the end user.  We set limits here to
best utilize our available developer resources.  Maintaining software for
out of date operating systems is time consuming and difficult.

Companies that require extended support periods or use unsupported
operating systems for their business operations should consider purchasing
that support [1].

This differentiation both maximizes the feature development for all KiCad
users while providing a cost-efficient solution for businesses looking to
avoid "tremendously difficult and costly" upgrades.

All of that said, as Wayne notes, we should have corrected the INSTALL.txt
and CMakeList.txt files to the proper Boost version when we updated the
code.

Seth

[1] https://www.kicad.org/help/professional-support/