kicad-doc-devs team mailing list archive

Re: GUI translation

On Wed, Mar 07, 2018 at 06:58:52PM -0000, RendszergazdaNyh wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have made a translation into English for Kicad version 4.0.7.
> How can I upload it to import the language file and documentation into a
> program?

Hi RendszergazdaNyh!
What did you translate into English that is not already present in the
manual?

Please tell us more!

But firstly I have to say that since the English version of the manuals
are the references for the other languages we should be very cautious on
what to integrate in English, especially if you are not a native english
speaker (like me, for instance), because this will affect all the other
translations.

And this probably should be moved to the v5 version of the KiCad manuals
since in a few days (I hope) the v4 series of KiCad will become obsolete
do to the proximity of the exit of the v5 stable.

Best regards

--

Marco Ciampa

 GNU/Linux User #78271