kicad-doc-devs team mailing list archive

Re: Problem building Japanese version of pcbnew.pdf

On Sun, Aug 05, 2018 at 06:41:14PM +0800, Carsten Schoenert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 05.08.18 um 17:20 schrieb Marco Ciampa:
> >> The reason is the recompile regexp within asciidoc is a bit to stupid to
> >> detect the backticks signs are needed in the original string and is
> >> breaking the original string into multiple parts which fails later due
> >> missing controlling escaping character.
> >
> > Good catch!
> > Did you post the bug report to the asciidoc developers ml already?
>
> no, there is already probably more than one issue open for this. And
> Asciidoc with Python2 is also probably a dead horse on this. Norbert
> mentioned such would going easier with Perl, this would be the better
> language to use here.

I do not know if Perl would be a better choice but certainly Ruby (as a
more modern language than Perl) probably is. Another reason to migrate to
asciidoctor ...

> The line which is responsible for the misbehavior can be viewed on GitHub.
>
> https://github.com/asciidoc/asciidoc/blob/master/asciidoc.py#L599-L601
>
> The most comparable issue is this one.
> https://github.com/asciidoc/asciidoc/issues/53
>
> > Hopefully one of these days we will migrate from python asciidoc to the
> > way better ruby ascidoctor...
>
> At least something that is doing the right thing with UTF8 characters ...

Asciidoctor (Ruby) probably...

--

Marco Ciampa

 GNU/Linux User #78271