kicad-doc-devs team mailing list archive

Re: let's be brave and fork!

I've pushed my experimentation with conditional compilation on my repo.
If someone wants to try (I will not make a merge request, this is only a proof of concept).

I've used eeschema doc for testing :
- git clone https://gitlab.com/fdossantos/kicad-doc
- cmake stuff as usual
- build the master branch (make eeschema)

The doc are build from master branch, it only includes the development release stuff.

Now build new docs from a 'stable' branch :
- git checkout -b release_branch
- cmake stuff as usual
- build this 5.1.5 inherited branch (make eeschema)

There is 3 conditional compilation in the .adoc files :
- In the introduction on "Publication date and software version"
- Note 4 in section 6.5.2 Connections (Wires and Labels)
- Section 6.5.3 Connections (Buses)

Actually those last 2 items are a fix for https://gitlab.com/kicad/services/kicad-doc/-/issues/773

Finaly, update the translation (make eeschema_updatepo_all), both text versions are included in the .po files.

Francisco