kicad-doc-devs team mailing list archive

6.0 documentation start

Hi docs team,

6.0 Feature Freeze is around the corner.  Once that hits, I plan on
investing some time in updating the docs, especially for features I've been
involved with developing.

Are there any big architectural changes to the docs coming that I should
wait for before starting this effort?  For example, I'm not sure if we're
going to try to switch to Asciidoctor, etc.

One architectural thing I wanted to ask is:

Currently we have "single page per application" documentation, plus the
"getting started" page.
While one page per application works well for all the "accessories" like
GerbView, PCB Calculator, etc, I think it's not the right paradigm anymore
for the core of KiCad.

What I would suggest is to instead split up the documentation by "task
areas":

1) Getting Started
2) Creating Schematics
3) Creating PCBs