kicad-doc-devs team mailing list archive

Re: The future of the Getting Started chapter

Hi Marco,

If we needed to, we could hide the menu entry without changing strings that
would impact translation.

Several people have reached out to help with an updated guide, so hopefully
we will have one anyway...

> information referencing to old commands may still be useful for users
that are used
> to legacy versions that are still orienting themselves through the new
> menu/window/command tree.

I'm not sure I agree with this, it just seems confusing if KiCad comes with
a built-in user manual that
has screenshots and text describing things that don't exist.

This is especially the case now that it is no problem to install multiple
versions of KiCad side-by-side.
A user could refer to the old documentation for the old version, so I don't
think it that useful for the new documentation to be outdated.

Best,
Jon