Re: Fwd: Re: Library build process

On 05/01/14 19:54, Johannes Spanier wrote:
> Hi Cirilo,
>
>>   I think that script is pretty good for the initial pull. With a
>> little work to check if a directory exists (in which case 'pull'
>> instead of 'clone') it will be much better.

Wouldn't a "meta-repo" that included the .pretty libs as git submodules
work for the ability to update from Github? This could even be rolled
into another repo (for example kicad-library) if that would make sense.
This may not make sense, of course!

For example: https://github.com/johnbeard/kicad_pretties.

This hackish bash line can link all current .pretties linked in
fp-lib-table on Github as submodules into a local git repo:

curl -q \
https://raw.github.com/KiCad/kicad-library/master/template/fp-lib-table.for-github
| \
grep "name" | \
cut -d ' ' -f 5 | \
cut -d ')' -f 1 | \
xargs -I SM git submodule add git://github.com/KiCad/SM.pretty.git SM

To update all the submodules, execute "git submodule foreach git pull",
or even something like [1] for parallelism.

You can also update just the ones you want and commit to them directly
from within this meta-lib.

Cheers,

John

  [1]