Re: Remarks to KiCad Library Convention

Regarding the transistor pin numbering/naming, we didn't decide on what to
do.

Keep in mind footprint libraries are hosted on Github, so the bigger they
are, the longer the wait time in kicad is. I do believe we would be better
taking care of the pin permutations in the symbol library, which is
installed locally. I also totally agree with the EDA evaluation by its
library size, as mentioned by Kerusey. The fact that symbols are not
technology dependant also favors the duplication in symbols, as brought up
by Lorenzo. As for which one, symbol vs footprint, is easier to duplicate,
both are fairly easy so I don't think we should base our decision on that.

Considering all of that, I'd like to call the duplication to be in the
symbols library. Does anyone have anything else to add before I do?

Carl