Re: Cleannig Footprint Libraries

30/05/14 03:42, Carl Poirier kirjoitti:
> Hi folks,

> For those of you who have expressed their interest to give a hand,
> please voice in, saying which library you would like to tackle.
> Basically, you have to ensure the library respects the convention on all
> fronts.

Hi Carl and others, I would be very interested in merging and replacing
most of current with:

https://code.launchpad.net/~oyvind-aabling/kicad-newlib/mod

Øyvind did an amazing job by creating all that (includes 3D)
parametrically. The naming logic is also pretty good. I would go for C
instead of Cap as a capacitor library prefix, just like Øyvind.

Please spend some time browsing around. His library includes some quite
complicated footprints like all TO-3 variants and they include
manufacturing tolerances.

My time is quite limited at the moment, but I try my best to fit some
library work in my schedule. Thanks to you all, I'm very pleased to see
current team of insightful and experienced librarians with such
enthusiasm and well structured progress.

-Vesa