Re: rectangular passive components

13/08/14, 20:43, Carl Poirier kirjoitti:
> So you mean having the "Passive_SMD.pretty", but having in it
> "C_0805.kicad_mod", "R_0805.kicad_mod" and so on? Why would this be
> better than having them in "Capacitors_SMD.pretty" and
> "Resistors_SMD.pretty", along with other SMD footprints?

Beacause we need the prefix anyway and just having a separate library
for each of them is too granular for my taste. The taste part is not
really a valid argument though :)

In effect such combination will just shorten the lib-table and that was
the original suggestion, wasn't it? I really don't have too strong
opinion in a way or another, but I'd eventually like to see libraries
working without much fiddling around and being well manageable.

-Vesa