The Microchip Mess and how to clean it up

Hi.

I would like to make some sort of symbol libraries containing
microcontrollers manufactured by Microchip. Currently, we have
seven of them:
* microchip.lib
* microchip1.lib
* microchip_pic10mcu.lib
* microchip_pic12mcu.lib
* microchip_pic16mcu.lib
* microchip_pic18mcu.lib
* microcontrollers.lib

I did a comparative analysis and I found that more than 90% of the
symbols were repeated. So, I have the following moves to offer:

1. All symbols that are duplicated will be removed and leave just
those existed in microchip_picXXmcu.lib libraries as the most
complete and accurate.

2. In the microchip.lib library leave only an ENC28J60 symbol and
treat this file as a general lib associated with this manufacturer.

3. Create a microchip_pic32mcu.lib library and move PIC32MX575F-TQFP64
symbol there from microchip.lib.

4. Remove the library microchip1.lib and the only unique symbol
PIC18F8448 move to the microchip_pic18mcu.lib. BTW: Someone has a
datasheet because I can not find it (might be a typo)?

5. In the microcontrollers.lib leave the MCUs other than those
manufactured by Microchip: one ADUC from Analog Devices
and one P89LPC from NXP. Existing PIC18F452-/PT symbol move
to microchip_pic18mcu.lib as above.

In this way we sort this mess and get rid of unnecessary repeated
symbols. The downside of this will be a quite big change and will
lead to significant fuss in the schemes for some users. Therefore,
I would like to widely consult it first.

Kerusey Karyu