Re: The Microchip Mess and how to clean it up

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 8:24 PM, Kerusey Karyu <keruseykaryu@xxxxx> wrote:

> I would like to make some sort of symbol libraries containing
> microcontrollers manufactured by Microchip.

This made me think of a post I saw recently in the GEDA mailing list
regarding the use of Element14 Eagle libraries (which are freely
downloadable from the web) through an importer. The example they
showed was element14's Microchip library. Sorry if this has been
discussed in the past. I am not following these debates too closely.
Is there anything Kicad could use in there? I am also wondering if the
legal conditions would allow it. I ignore the licensing scheme used in
the element14 libraries.

Cheers,

Javier