Re: The Microchip Mess and how to clean it up

W dniu 05.11.2014 o 21:26, Javier Serrano pisze:
On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 8:24 PM, Kerusey Karyu <keruseykaryu@xxxxx> wrote:

I would like to make some sort of symbol libraries containing
microcontrollers manufactured by Microchip.

Is there anything Kicad could use in there? I am also wondering if the
legal conditions would allow it. I ignore the licensing scheme used in
the element14 libraries.

We should continue our own trip to create *our own* libraries. We can
at most be inspired, but do not copy symbols or footprints from other
EDA tools.
For example EAGLE libraries are not as extensive as many users claim.
If we took sharply KiCad libraries in two years EAGLE would be beaten
in this regard (IMO).

The only thing we need is the intentions and hands to work.

I have not had much time to create new symbols last time, but I still
have in mind the contents of several libraries I had started: Atmel
MCUs, Microchip PIC, Ti MSP430. Especially the last keep me awake at
night, because I still have a lot to be done (as my "todo" spreadsheet
says).

Kerusey Karyu