Re: The Microchip Mess and how to clean it up

I agree strongly with Cirillo.

The Kicad repository should only have user’s contributed libraries.

Taking Eagle parts, and converting them with a script might seems acceptable, but it will most likely a source of complaints from users, as they may not be 100% compatible with KiCad. I once used a converted part, and I had to manually edit it to make it acceptable. I will not do it again.
We still have a lot of work to do to improve our existing library, so using Eagle library would be a huge undertaking.

Just my $0.02,
Jean-Paul
AC9GH