Re: TO-220 mounting tab

31/12/14, 04:01, Carl Poirier kirjoitti:
> Vesa,
>
> If I understand correctly, you say the oyvind-aabling library is a good
> example of having multiple variants of the same housing, which you don't
> like. Right?

Hi Carl,

Quite the opposite, if I understand correctly ;)
With multiple variants depending on a device I meant e.g. TO-220_GDS and
TO-220_BCE, which I don't like. I see why pin names are nice on the PCB,
but they don't belong to the standardised housing library. They should
be pulled from the schematic symbol the standard housing is linked to.
This should be quite easy to add in to the pcbnew pin rendering,
possibly with an option to turn it on part by part basis.

In the oyvind-aabling's library variants are only mechanical variants,
vertical, horizontal with tab to PCB and horizontal with tab away from
PCB. Everything parametrically generated including 3-D and
not_too_long_names.

-Vesa