Re: KLC - courtyard

The rule 6.6 is not clear for me.

It's clear that for most of smd components the courtyard should be 0.25 mm from pads.
What rules aplly when courtyard isn't determined by pads?
a) should it be 0.25 mm from silkscreen?
b) should it only enclose silkscreen?
c) should it be 0.25 mm from package body and then enlarged to enclose silkscreen (if necessary)?
I think the c) is best but it's not defined in convention.
In cases b) and c) courtyard will be very close to silkscreen. Should it be allowed that centre of courtyard line lay on boundary of silkscreen line (0.025 overlap)? Courtyard is area limited by the line, so it seems that the 0.025 mm overlap should be allowed, but it may look bad.

Line width for courtyard (0.05) should be defined in convention.

The same clearance for 0204 SMD resistor and 5 W THT resistor is probably bad idea, exactly that electrolytic capacitors has bigger courtyard because of bigger placement tolerances. Is there any reason for using bigger courtyard for THT electrolytic capacitor than for eg THT radial chockes? Why connectors should have bigger courtyard than eg mechanical switches? In document: http://www.dnu.no/arkiv1/The%20CAD%20Library%20of%20the%20Future.pdf in chapter 10.3 it's suggested that it's difficult to determine courtyard for THT.