Re: TO-220 mounting tab

I think that tab shouldn't be numbered the same as middle pin. According to rule 6.7 the tab should be considered in schematic symbol. If user want to connect tab of TO-220 he should use schematic symbol of transistor with two collector pins. If some IC has many ground pins, every one has a number and exists in schematic symbol. The same simple approach can be applied to eg TO220.