Re: Advert your attention to a Kubuntu Member's statement

On Sat, 2015-07-18 at 13:59 -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Saturday, July 18, 2015 12:45:40 PM cprofitt wrote:
> > > If you have a complaint that someone is violating the CoC, then you know
> > > how to deal with it.  While it may not be phrased in the most welcoming
> > > manner, I personally don't find it particularly inaccurate.
> > >
> > > I certainly object to CC members attempting to persecute people by
> > > attempting to police their comments on third party sites.  Reddit is not
> > > particularly known for quiet civil discourse so I think you are
> > > completely out of line.
> > >
> > > Scott K
> >
> > Scott:
> >
> > Interesting response.
>
> It's been pointed out to me that it wasn't a comment by Riddell you were
> complaining about.  So oops, nevermind about that  bit of it.
>
> I do think you're being over sensitive.  Seriously, don't you have better
> things to do with your day that write the Kubuntu Council mails about comments
> on Reddit you don't like?
>
> Scott K

Scott:

I read a great deal over information that hits the planet and if it
contains links to content in other places I usually try to read that as
well. I took the time to write the Kubuntu Council in an effort to work
collaboratively with them. I did so not as a member of the CC, but as an
Ubuntu Community member. I take no personal offense to the comment on
Reddit, but do feel that the comment adds to the ongoing tensions in the
Ubuntu Community. In order to work as a community there must be some
level of civility and trust in one another.

You asked that Jonathan be treated like anyone else moving forward and I
intend on doing that. I would ask that you extend the same courtesy to
myself and any other member of the CC.

I leave any action or non-action on the statement I pointed out up to
the discretion of the Kubuntu Council.

Charles