Re: Where are we now?

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 3:32 PM, Clive Johnston <clivejo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Valorie,
>
> Yes, there are huge disagreements on what needs to be done.  Yet again, I am
> absolutely livid and just had to walk away from IRC before I did or said
> something I'd regret.  For me, this is becoming too frequent and I can't
> continue to donate my time to something that just makes me angry and drains
> all the fun and positive energy which I used to enjoy while contributing to
> this project.

I'm really sorry to hear that, Clive. I've so enjoyed your time on the
team, and with you in person.

> I have come to the conclusion that the problem is actually me and my own
> feelings, as I seem to be the only person who is being affect by this.  Maybe,
> the recent events in my personal life are being projected onto how I interact
> with the Kubuntu Community/Team and how I deal with stress in general.  I
> don't know :(

Sometimes it seems that you and Santa are both taking professional
disagreements personally, and it seems to devolve into an argument
rather than a dialog. It's painful to see, because it is obvious you
are both feeling bad about the way it's going.

> So, I feel that I should step aside and take some time to work out my
> relationship with the team and figure out how I can contribute and actually
> enjoy doing it.  I have been reading the logs on how this has been dealt with
> in the past, but can't seem to find anything.  Can the Kubuntu Council please
> advise me on how this works?  Do you need me to formally resign/step down to
> allow someone to take my place?

My opinion is that if you, like Philip, have to step back, that's what
you need to do. Burnout is terrible, and I for one do not want to see
that happen to you. I would personally request that you not resign
now. Take a week or two off and see how you feel. I hope you miss us
and want to come back.

I missed you when you were with your brother in hospital, and I'll miss you now.

Chime in, Council?