Re: Where are we now?

On Thursday, 3 November 2016 16:59:57 GMT you wrote:
> Sometimes it seems that you and Santa are both taking professional
> disagreements personally, and it seems to devolve into an argument
> rather than a dialog. It's painful to see, because it is obvious you
> are both feeling bad about the way it's going.

Yes, I am taking them personally.  I honestly thought the issues could be resolved, but a
few comments have hit some nerves.  After this conversation - https://irclogs.ubuntu.com/
2016/10/30/%23kubuntu-devel.html#t23:32[1] I wrote an email to resign, it was not a very
nicely worded email due to me being extremely angry at the time.  Aaron asked me to take
the night to let things settle, which I did, I even attended the Vision meeting and tried to
get a clear picture of what our goals are, thinking maybe its me with the wrong goals/
direction.  I felt that the issues I raised were not received very well and realised that it is
actually only me who has these issues and therefore need to look at my involvement in
the team.

> My opinion is that if you, like Philip, have to step back, that's what
> you need to do. Burnout is terrible, and I for one do not want to see
> that happen to you. I would personally request that you not resign
> now. Take a week or two off and see how you feel. I hope you miss us
> and want to come back.

I don't want to step back, I wanted to step forward by getting devel and helping Phil to get
things done. But it is soul destroying with every discussion turning into an argument,
every-time you try and do something, not to mention the time wasted and losing the will
to participate and do anything.  Of course I would miss you, and I would still be around
but I don't want to be responsible for this bad feeling.  It is bad for the entire team, not
just me and also any new comers joining the channel and seeing this, they would just
leave and never see them again.

I feel that by resigning/stepping down the KC could open a seat and get someone with the
enthusiasm and drive to take the project forward.  I am just sorry that things have
degenerated this far.

Clive

--------
[1] https://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2016/10/30/%23kubuntu-devel.html#t23:32