Change in policy for Kubuntu Members

In the early days of Kubuntu, all the Kubuntu Members were packagers
and developers. Since the community has grown, we now have some
Kubuntu Members who are not packagers, developers or coders. Yet one
of the privileges of Kubuntu Membership has long been the right to
commit changes to our packaging and packages.

The Kubuntu Council, after extensive discussion which you can read in
the archives of our list on our Launchpad page [1], has updated our
Kubuntu Policies [2] and Launchpad.

Since packagers and developers are already members of the teams which
have the permissions to commit, change or upload as needed, this
should have no effect on Kubuntu Members, but it will improve the
security of our code and packages on LP.

Valorie, for the Kubuntu Council

1. https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-council
2. https://community.kde.org/Kubuntu/Policies

--