Re: What we need for the LFNW website

On Mon, Mar 4, 2024 at 8:30 PM Valorie Zimmerman <
valorie.zimmerman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi y'all, Chris Fisher from LFNW is asking again about the things they
> need for the website. He said, only to me for some reason:
>
> "Hi Valorie,
>
> Ok, I can confirm we'll have a table space; I don't know if it will be a
> specific size, but we'll try to ensure you get the first crack at the table
> you think will work best.
>
> The official hotel recommendation is the bit that is taking the longest;
> if you're tight on time, I can recommend Holiday Inn up there in
> Bellingham. It's not the closest to the college, just a few minutes further
> away, but it's the newest and owned by my wife's father. So I can
> vouch they run a good hotel over there. It's where I stay when I stay up in
> Bellingham.
>
> https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/bellingham/blihi/hoteldetail
>
> I'm curious what you think would work best to put on our website?
> Typically, a sponsor represents one project/group. I can ask the team if
> putting multiple logos up there is an option. But we might be up against
> space constraints. Do you have a specific logo that would work if we need
> to go that route? (maybe the Kubuntu logo?)

I sent you a link to our logo earlier; I can't recall if I answered all the
below before.

> Here's what I need to get you official in our system:
>
> 1. The primary contact info (and where can send an invoice)

I'm your primary contact; any invoice should go to the
Kubuntu-Council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> 2. A logo we can use on our website
> 3. Title as you'd like it to appear on the website

Kubuntu: Friendly Computing

https://kubuntu.org/

> 5. A short blurb

Kubuntu was the first of the "flavors" of Ubuntu; a stable Ubuntu base with
beautiful KDE community software on top. Join us for friendly computing!

If it is too late to get anything onto the LFNW website, that is very
understandable; I dropped the ball.

My original thought of stacking the logos turned out to be impossible. On
the other hand, the shipment I got today has stickers for logos I've never
seen before! They are either new or old collector's items. 😀

Thanks for your help, and see you soon,

Valorie