Re: Why do lists need special approval?

У сре, 05. 08 2009. у 18:10 +1000, Martin Pool пише:
> To follow on from the recent 'why approve projects' discussion:
>
> Ian just created a mailing list team for Windows users of Bazaar -
> <https://edge.launchpad.net/~bzr-windows>.  After creating it he
> wanted to announce it to the community and invite people to join, but
> it kind of deflates the announcement to say 'at some time in the
> future you'll be able to join a list' and the distinction between
> being on the team but not on the list may be confusing.

 * Many Ubuntu-related mailing list requests, which should instead live
on lists.ubuntu.com
 * Reduce spam — I am not sure how spam is possible otherwise (can list
owner subscribe people without them wanting to be on the list?), and we
can probably stop worrying about this one

In general, any mailing list request should not wait for more than 1
working day as is right now.

Cheers,
Danilo