Re: Storm patches

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 9:59 PM, Gary Poster<gary.poster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Stuart and Salgado (and anyone else with input).  We're trying to get a
> list of what needs to go into Storm for us to be able to use an official
> release.

I updated us to trunk a day or two ago. Everything we need is there. I
also emailed the Storm mailing list about releasing 0.15 as all
targetted bugs are fix committed. Looks like that is proceeding.

> I see https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~stub/storm/launchpad and
> https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~salgado/storm/lp-devel...what are we using?

I've been doing my best to make the egg name map onto a branch name.

> (1) Do we have any patches that are not part of the Storm trunk?  If so, can
> they be merged?

No.

> (2) Am I right that we would prefer a Storm branch that only had bugfixes,
> not new features or changes that required Launchpad changes (a hypothetical
> 0.14.1)?  If so, how important is that, as opposed to the Storm team
> releasing a 0.15 early?

We already are running 0.15 pretty much.

I want us to stick with Storm trunk, or else when we need to extend it
or provide bug fixes we will be forking. We should be doing Storm work
upstream rather than locally and backporting later (which is unlikely
to ever happen). Storm isn't a big enough project to support multiple
lines of development.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/