Re: RFC: Launchpad team index page redesign

2009/8/6 Edwin Grubbs <edwin.grubbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hello,
>
> I have been tasked with creating mockups of the redesign of the team
> index page. Here is the wiki page containing the mockups.
>
>  https://dev.launchpad.net/TeamIndexPage
>
> I am interested in any feedback. My main questions are:
>  * Is any information missing?
>  * Should anything be removed or reorganized?

It looks good.

I had never noticed that teams could have polls or questions!  That
shows one big advantage of this layout is that the features are more
obvious, whereas the grey-on-grey third level tabs are  not very
salient.  Getting rid of them is nice.

This layout now has three columns and may be too wide for easy use on
a netbook.  In some ways the vertical layout of the current page is
cleaner and easier to scan for the section of interest.

The choice to put PPAs and polls into the portlet seems a bit
arbitrary; it's almost like the bad old days where (from the user's
point of view) Launchpad pages had portlets and the developers chose
some random stuff to fill them up.  Why do polls go in the portlet but
not questions?  So I'd probably drop the portlet and just put them
into sections.

I have a bug open that the style of the black small underlined "> All
open questions" is inconsistent with the rest of Launchpad and I would
say not very good flow.  I'd rather see it in blue at the end of the
list.

The list of members is one of the most interesting parts, and I'd
speculate that many teams will have a fairly small number though some
of course will be huge.  So I'd look at putting that list, or part of
that list, inline in the page.  For say ~bzr with 22 people it would
be quite reasonable - you could also in that listing show the actual
local time for each person, which would be useful, whereas
https://edge.launchpad.net/~bzr/+map is not useful.  I would think
about even showing the photos there would be good - it's a cool
feature but not really shown off.

The hatching for private teams is nice.

Hope that helps,
--