Re: Integrating community into existing QA process

Hi Ursula,

У пет, 07. 08 2009. у 01:33 -0300, Ursula Junque пише:

> How would one know about a MP from a bug? Adding more info to the
> commit message?

Well, a bug can be linked to several branches.  I hope that's available
through the API.  And each branch can be linked to several MPs.  I hope
that's available through the API as well.  So, it'd have to be

 bug -> branches -> MPs

> What I do in the test plan script is:
> 1) Process the commit, extracting the bug number (if any) from the
> commit message
> 2) Get the bug information on LP using lplib
> 3) Add bug details to the test item, and then to the test plan page.
>

> > We want this available to non-coder contributors as well, so having it
> > slightly disconnected from "submit a patch" might be useful.  Perhaps a
> > top-level item "I want to... verify stuff works" (or whatever makes most
> > sense).
>
> +1 on creating that. This may also be pointed to the ones that want to
> help to improve LP, don't have the programming-foo but have abilities
> to test stuff - does that make sense?

Yeah, we do hope Matt and Karl come up with something suitably well :)

Cheers,
Danilo