Re: PROPOSAL: Release Manager Rotation

On Aug 10, 2009, at 2:25 PM, Danilo Šegan wrote:

У чет, 23. 07 2009. у 09:46 +1200, Tim Penhey пише:
My major concern with having just one release manager is time zone coverage. If we have an RM in the UK, that makes it hard for anyone in Australasia to get release critical approval, and probably more of a problem if it was the
other way around due to our current distribution of people.

I think having a deputy RM would be good, as long as the deputy isn't in the
same TZ as the main RM.

That's a good question.  How has this worked so far for people in the
Australasia? Is there a best timezone that a 10h work day would overlap
with everyone who might need an RC approval?

It's tough to get overlap between US, Euro and AsiaPac timezones, but it's not too hard to get overlap between US/Euro and US/AsiaPac. I'm not sure about Euro/AsiaPac. The one thing us US folks have to remember though is that while AsiaPac is only about 6 hours behind us (modulo daylight savings skew) they're a full day ahead, so US Friday evening releases are probably not so good. :)

-Barry