Re: Launchpad needs a system status page

Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Launchpad desperately needs a web page describing the system status.
> If it's down, people need to know whether we know this and whether
> we're working on it.
>
> I think the cheapest thing that could possibly work is to
>
> 1- make a page help.l.n/SystemStatus
>
> 2- link to it from the help.l.n top page
>
> We can do these right now if people will commit to keep them up to date.

Keeping such a page up-to-date is very difficult, unless it's automated.

But, when the system isn't behaving normally, shouldn't Launchpad show
that on its own front page or on some system status page linked to from
the front page?  (When the mechanism for even *that* is broken, that
would mean things are pretty serious, but even then there's got to be a
way to redirect the front page to some kind of notice about the
situation.)

I just read Matthew's followup now.  Seems he's having the same
thoughts...