Re: how can we clean up the confusion of sourcecode vs. buildout?

On Aug 14, 2009, at 9:51 PM, Max Bowsher wrote:

Gary Poster wrote:
Q:
How can I find out what we are using via sourcecode?

A:
This is a tough one--see the second part of this email, where I ask for
help.
You SHOULD be able to look at utilities/sourcedeps.conf. This controls
what is updated when sources are updated (for instance, via
rocketfuel-get).  It is maintained manually, so could be behind the
times if someone makes a mistake.
You CAN recursively find all symlinks in lib/ . They are the canonical
answer.  Does someone have a quick incantation to do this?

find lib bzrplugins optionalbzrplugins -lname '*/sourcecode/*' -ls

Cool, thanks Max.

I put the Q & A up on https://dev.launchpad.net/Hacking#Buildout and revised it to include this.

Gary