Re: how can we clean up the confusion of sourcecode vs. buildout?

On Aug 14, 2009, at 5:45 PM, Gary Poster wrote:

- We can continue to make sourcecode have fewer and fewer branches so people don't think about it much if ever. I'm working on this-- the branch to put all the zope branches in buildout is in review!-- but maybe we shouldn't be waiting for this?

Hi Gary,

First, thanks for this information and for /all/ the great work you've been doing on making our build environment sane(r :). I can't speak for anybody else, but most of my confusion in this area has been because we're in a transition. I'm sometimes uncertain as to whether something's been moved into buildout or not, so completing the task really seems like the best solution.

Question: is the ultimate goal to completely get rid of sourcecode, so that all packages come from buildout?

If you need help getting some of this code reviewed, please ping me and I'll make time to do it.

-Barry