Re: Code home for 3.0

Hi Tim and Barry.

This is an interesting discussion.

On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 16:40 +1200, Tim Penhey wrote:
> I've started off a branch for the code.launchpad.net page, and for the project
> cloud.
>
> lp:~thumper/launchpad/code-home-3-0
>
> However... I'm wondering if we want to change the main code page or not.
>
> Also, I've moved (well also made available) the project could to
> https://code.launchpad.dev/projects.  But this raised a few questions.  In the
> old layout there were no tabs on the main view for IProductSet.  Now it has
> disabled tabs.  What do we want it to look like?

I think you mean project cloud. I was not aware this top-level
collection was on another app. I assumed it was only mainsite.

As barry can attest to, the tabs do appear when the layout is switched
to 3.0 (thanks Michael). Barry is designing this page so I appreciate
ideas like this that convey what the users are searching.

(We are completing the /people page maybe we want a person/team cloud
based on karma once we remove the the shipit users from the DB.)

> When looking a this page I noticed that we are not showing the full name of
> the branch as we would with branch/fmt:link, but instead shorten it.  Should
> we be shortening all the links?  If so, to what?
>
> I'd like to be able to set up a permanent redirect on the old url to point to
> the new one.  Do we have infrastructure for this or do I need to explicitly
> add it in (either a view or zcml).

Yes we do. This is what we do for the old URL that some sites link to
register a project.

    <browser:renamed-page
        for="lp.registry.interfaces.product.IProductSet"
        name="+new-guided"
        new_name="+new"
        rootsite="mainsite"
        />