Re: RFC: Bugs index page redesign

2009/9/3 Barry Warsaw <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Sep 2, 2009, at 6:52 AM, Tom Berger wrote:
>
>> * All predefined search links are below, on the right-hand part of the
>> page.
>
> Nice.  The one predefined search missing from your mockup that I /really/
> want is: Bugs reported by me.

Me too:

Oh, and this reminds me of one thing that really is related to the
design of this page: these links do act as actual filters in that if
you click 'New' then in the resulting page type some text into the
search box, you get a search limited to only New bugs.  You can also
use this with 'All bugs ever' as the only sane way to find closed
bugs.

So the filter you clicked is essentially a mode telling Launchpad,
across multiple form submissions, what kind of bugs to filter.

The problem is that this mode is entirely hidden, unless you look at
the 200+ character URL or infer it from the behaviour.

It would be better, if one of these filters is active, to show it
ticked or highlighted.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>