Re: RFC: Bug page 3.0 redesign

On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 08:26:09AM +0100, Tom Berger wrote:
> >  * The "Related branches" section also feels a bit out of place. It's
> > not clear what I'm supposed to do with them or why they are being
> > shown. Would it be possible to link to merge proposals if they exist,
> > or provide controls for creating a merge proposal? Maybe something to
> > talk about w/ thumper.
>
> Any suggestions for a better place? Related branches are where they
> are because we want them to be prominent. In a way, they are almost as
> important as items in the affects table. I don't know if merge
> proposals are a better object to link to (but I haven't given that
> much thought yet). Creating objects from within the page is always a
> great thing to have, as long as we can do it inline, using AJAX.

Generally speaking it seems that, in particular for long-lived branches,
an MP is the best thing to link to, since it represents a specific
landing with a more restrictive intent. I find myself more interested
in an MP for a branch than the actual branch (if the MP exists). This
doesn't suggest that the MP is what you need to link to, though -- just
that the information should be rendered and linked if an MP exists.

> >  * If we had a "Find possible duplicates of this bug" feature, where
> > would it go?
>
> Haven't given that any thought, but I'd say on a different page,
> linked from the right-hand column.

Or it could just pop up an AJAX widget.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | [+55 16] 3376 0125 | http://launchpad.net/~kiko