Bite-sized bug with nice payoff (shorten long URLs).

Although there are many bugs with the 'trivial' tag (see
http://tinyurl.com/nvzvpn), it can still be hard to sort through them
and pick one that will have a noticeable impact.

So, if you're looking for one, try this:

  https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/malone/+bug/325982
  "Search URL is long and hard to paste"

Basically, if this bug were fixed, I wouldn't have had to use a tinyurl
earlier :-).  This is the bug's description:

 If you search for bugs within a project, you get a URL that looks like
 this: https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/...REALLY LONG QUERY URL HERE.../

 This is a very long URL that's hard to read, and hard to paste on
 IRC. It would be great if the URL just included the search data that I
 had explicitly specified. e.g.
 https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad-bazaar/+bugs?field.searchtext=cloud

 One way to do this would be to use javascript to doctor the location
 after the page has loaded.

(This is sort of an experiment.  I'm thinking it might be good to post a
trivial-bug-of-the-week or something.  The value-add here is that a
human -- me -- has looked at the bug and knows that the 'trivial' tag is
accurate and that it's perfect for someone new to Launchpad development.
I don't have quite the right skills for this bug myself, being not very
experienced in javascript, but I can see that the bug is easy.)

Anyway, just tossing it out there.  If it looks good to you, go for it.

-K

Follow ups