Re: Using reStructured Text instead of moin syntax in the wiki?

Am 14.09.2009 01:37, Barry Warsaw schrieb:
> On Sep 12, 2009, at 12:54 AM, Karl Fogel wrote:
>
>> Barry Warsaw wrote in http://tinyurl.com/n7y27f:
>>> Thanks to our fantastic IS department, you can now use
>>> reStructuredText markup in our dev and help wikis.  I highly encourage
>>> you to use reST format instead of moin, as we're standardizing on
>>> Python's own de-facto standard of reST markup.
>>
>> This is actually a big change, and we should think about it carefully.
>> Some questions (terseness does not mean I'm hostile to the change):
>
> Note that several months ago, we decided to convert all of our doctests
> from moin to rest.  We do this opportunistically so we still have a mix
> of pages, but there's a standing rs= approval for moin->rest conversion.

To second Barry here, I remember very clearly that it was discussed and
agreed to switch to reSt, I just don't remember where and when (was it
at the Epic, even?). At the time I knew neither syntax well so I did not
enter the discussion but to me the decision seemed to be pretty clear
and unchallenged.

I am *very* surprised that everybody is now so surprised at the change
which to me is just the logical consequence of a decision that was made
some time ago. What went wrong here? Why does nobody remember that
switching from Moin to reSt was agreed upon?

Henning