Re: Using reStructured Text instead of moin syntax in the wiki?

Am 15.09.2009 11:35, Bjorn Tillenius schrieb:
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 11:23:23AM +0200, Henning Eggers wrote:
>> I am *very* surprised that everybody is now so surprised at the change
>> which to me is just the logical consequence of a decision that was made
>> some time ago. What went wrong here? Why does nobody remember that
>> switching from Moin to reSt was agreed upon?
>
> Because we don't use any reSt features for something useful. The only

I am *not* arguing the case for reSt because I don't know enough about
that Syntax to take sides.

I am just surprised that we are discussing that *after* Barry went
through the trouble of getting IS to install reSt support on the server
which he only did because there was (or seemed to be) a consensus on
this being the right way to go.

So my surprise is at the failed process for such a technology change. I
am not blaming anyone, just asking "What went wrong?"

Henning