Re: Using reStructured Text instead of moin syntax in the wiki?

Barry Warsaw <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> As Francis points out, and perhaps as icky as it is, I think #2 is the
> most practical solution.  So maybe my "encouragement" was too strong,
> but I still think it should be possible and allowed to write moin and
> rest in the public Launchpad wikis.

Some people who might edit our wiki will never need reST syntax for
anything else -- they won't get to the point of ever writing doc tests,
because maybe they only got as far as getting Launchpad up and running,
or they only worked on configuration issues, or whatever.

I think your comfort with reST syntax is interfering with your ability
to see the inherent editor-unfriendliness of having a two syntaxes in
the same wiki :-).

I could maybe see using reST syntax for wiki pages that are direct
copy-and-paste from a Python doctest.  I tried to get some stats on
which pages are in reST right now, but ran into this:

  $ cat PageHits
  https://dev.launchpad.net/FrontPage?action=edit
  https://dev.launchpad.net/Getting?action=edit
  https://dev.launchpad.net/OpenSourcing?action=edit
  [...]
  $ mkdir results
  $ cd results
  $ for page in `cat ../PageHits`
    do wget -v --no-check-certificate --user kfogel --password "****" ${page}
    done
  --2009-09-16 12:29:43--  https://dev.launchpad.net/FrontPage?action=edit
  Resolving dev.launchpad.net... 91.189.90.233
  Connecting to dev.launchpad.net|91.189.90.233|:443... connected.
  HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
  2009-09-16 12:29:44 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

  [...]
  $

All pages got that error.  Any idea how to pull the wiki source of pages
automatically?

-Karl