Re: Using reStructured Text instead of moin syntax in the wiki?

On Sep 16, 2009, at 12:33 PM, Karl Fogel wrote:

I think your comfort with reST syntax is interfering with your ability
to see the inherent editor-unfriendliness of having a two syntaxes in
the same wiki :-).

I can see that a wiki gardener's job will be harder if s/he has to learn two syntaxes, but it should be plainly obvious when looking at the raw text of a page which format is being used. The first line of all rest pages will be

#FORMAT rst

Now here's another interesting question that this leads to. If/when we ever get something like wikis in Launchpad, what format(s) are we going to support? I hope to Guido we won't perpetuate the madness which is moin. ;)

-Barry
.