Re: Test projects on production

On Tue, 2009-10-06 at 13:01 +0100, Jonathan Lange wrote:
> I think we actually need to completely overhaul the project
> registration process, with test registration being one of the factors
> to consider.

Overhaul? We are still in the process of overhauling project
registration (guided-project-registration). There is a lot of things
still not done. In the initial screens we still need to see actions for
'This is a test project' <create on staging>, 'Translate this project'
<switch to create translation groups>. I expected the (re)configuration
screens to encourage the project to provide more information.

Guided project registration needs to be rethought now that hosting is
not our focus. This is the only registry story that does overlap with
our goals of registering upstreams in Launchpad.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/