Re: Proposal: Week-long Community Help Rotation

On October 7, 2009, Jonathan Lange wrote:
> > There is a great method from Lean and Project Management called
> > Plan-Do-Check-Act, or PDCA for short.  The mail lays out 'P' and 'D' very
> > well, it just needs 'C' ('A' comes later).
>
> Presumably they distinguish between doing and acting in some way
> hitherto unknown to the wider English speaking community?

Well :-)

I'm guessing they use two synonyms to distinguish the first actions ('Do')
which is about implementing the Plan, from the seconds which are about what
needs to be done after the 'Check'.

Maybe 'PDC' with an infinite sign would have been more consise (not sure it
would have been easier to understand though).

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx