Re: Moving launchpadlib XSLT file back into Launchpad itself.

On Oct 8, 2009, at 9:34 AM, Karl Fogel wrote:

In the thread starting here:

 https://lists.launchpad.net/launchpad-dev/msg01155.html

...Michael Bienia asks when the now-committed fix for bug #325367 ("API
docs should have a table of contents") will be deployed.  In reply,
Leonard Richardson said:

[geser's] change went into launchpadlib, not Launchpad
itself. (1.5.2, the most recent launchpadlib release, has it.) To
get the change into Launchpad we need to bring Launchpad's
launchpadlib dependency up to date. I don't know how we go about
doing that, but that's what we have to do.

At this point, since Launchpad is open source, it might make more
sense to move the XSLT file back into Launchpad. It was moved into
launchpadlib so that third parties could use it.

Leonard's second paragraph seems like the Right Way to go, and I imagine
this is a trivial change for anyone who knows the doc-building/XSLT
system intimately.  Is anyone here that person?  If so, do you agree
that this is a good solution, and would you be willing to do it?

Leonard is the person who knows the system and can evaluate the decision. It would be easiest for him.

For other people, since we already essentially have his blessing, it is probably just a matter of moving the xslt into Launchpad and changing the Makefile to use it; and changing launchpadlib's trunk to no longer have it (I don't think a release just for this change is necessary).

He is out today. Karl, I suggest creating a bug for Launchpad Foundations or being a jfdi-knight. I'll be happy to review your branches.

Gary