Re: [RFC] Change to release management process

2009/10/12 Jonathan Lange <jml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> That's a good suggestion. It raises two questions, neither of which I
> know the answer to:
>
>  - why would there open bugs on the milestone after we've frozen the code?

Because there's a finite amount of time in a developer's day, and
sometimes we think we're able to get things finished but life gets in
the way.

>  - why would a non-Critical bug be considered as release-critical?

Because importance can change based on context. So, the bug for, say,
adding certain configuration items to the production configs is High
during the cycle, but it becomes critical to land before release
otherwise the production appservers won't start up (or something
equally dramatic).

--
Graham Binns | PGP Key: EC66FA7D