Re: [RFC] Change to release management process

On Mon, 2009-10-12 at 17:02 +0100, Jonathan Lange wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Tom Berger <tom.berger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > 2009/10/12 Jonathan Lange <jml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >> Any comments, questions or objections?
> >
> > That's a really good plan. It will be great to not have to use the
> > wiki. One suggestion: Maybe limit the bugs on the milestone that are
> > considered blockers to open bugs with Critical importance?
> >

> That's a good suggestion. It raises two questions, neither of which I
> know the answer to:
>
>   - why would there open bugs on the milestone after we've frozen the code?
>   - why would a non-Critical bug be considered as release-critical?

I have said repeatedly that we know by Friday of week 3 (in any
timezone) what bugs will be fix committed. All other open bugs should be
retargeted.

I expect bugs to be retargeted several times a week as high priority
bugs are discovered and added to the milestone. Milestones need slack in
them to accommodate unexpected issues. Bugs should be retargeted every
week if the team is making slow progress through a milestone that has no
slack.

I ran out of time during 3.0 to show velocity and capacity on the
milestone index. Yes, we do know how to estimate the velocity of the
team show and the capacity of the milestone. We can show  smileys and
sad emoticons based on the difference between capacity and targeted

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/