Re: Eric Raymond on open source hosting sites

On Tue, 2009-10-13 at 14:37 +0100, Tom Berger wrote:
> http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=1282   http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=1295
> http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=1302
>
> Exec summary: Open source hosting sites are hard to get data out of
> and are so poorly architected that volunteering to improve them is a
> non-starter.

Getting data in and *out* is in focus for the next 6 months. We want to
lower the barrier to import a project, which includes bugs and code. We
want to make it very easy to get the data out of Launchpad so that
upstreams can benefit from Launchpad.

> Interestingly, though Launchpad is mentioned a few times in the
> comments, it doesn't get mentioned in the articles, even though it
> solves all of the problems ESR mentions.

Except for the fact you cannot export a complete project. A lot of work
is need to get incomplete data.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/