Re: putting launchpad into production

Curtis Hovey <curtis.hovey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 19:55 -0500, David Farning wrote:
>> I am looking at setting up a launchpad instance for Sugar Labs[1].
>> There is a good chance that we will use the canonical hosted services.
>>  Like any paranoid sysadmin, I want to be able to host our own
>> instance if necessary.
>
> I think that is a violation of the rules. I think there are assets that
> cannot be used to host a public instance. You need to remove/replace
> many non-essential parts.

Well, one just has to replace the images.  See here for details:

  https://dev.launchpad.net/LaunchpadLicense

I understand the desire to verify that you're not locked into a
particular hosting service.  My guess is you'll conclude that running a
production Launchpad instance would not a good use of your time, but go
ahead and verify that it can be done.  (While you're at it, if you run
across things that could be improved, we welcome the diagnosis or patch,
of course.)

-Karl