Re: putting launchpad into production

David Farning <dfarning@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 9:47 AM, Curtis Hovey
>> I think that is a violation of the rules. I think there are assets that
>> cannot be used to host a public instance. You need to remove/replace
>> many non-essential parts.
>
> Can you explain this more fully?  Launchpad sales is saying the
> organizations can set up external instances.... But it is easier and
> more cost effective to have Canonical host the instance.

By "the rules", Curtis just meant the licensing on the images (i.e., on
the visual identity of Launchpad.net), as I talked about in another mail
in this thread.  The code is indeed open source, and you can run
instances.  Naturally, our hope is that you'll go with Launchpad.net;
I've been chatting with lfaraone in IRC about making sure that the data
is exportable via the APIs -- lfaraone can give details on that.

Best,
-Karl