changing FQDN

Hello,

my LaunchPad installation works quite well locally - I can access the
site via http(s)://launchpad.dev. Now I would like to open up the web
service to remote users, not only from the LAN, but also from
internet, by having a FQDN. I tried playing around a little bit with
the Apache configuration, but it seems that there are many places
where launchpad.dev is hardcoded. When I remotely access
launchpad.my.fqdn, I only get this error message:

==
There’s no page with this address in Launchpad.

Check that you entered the address correctly, or search for it:

Traceback (most recent call last):

    * Module zope.publisher.publish, line 133, in publish
      result = publication.callObject(request, obj)
    * Module canonical.launchpad.webapp.servers, line 1348, in callObject
      raise NotFound(self, '', request)

NotFound: Object:
<canonical.launchpad.webapp.servers.ProtocolErrorPublication object at
0x90fecd0>, name: ''<br />
==

Is the open source LaunchPad capable of being accessible from the
internet with a different FQDN? If so, what is the best approach? Any
configuration variable I can change, or do I need to work with
mod_proxy? Or s this a bad idea at all?

Thanks
Florian

Follow ups